The following checklists are question for your plastic surgeon during the consultation.
1. Are you a certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
2. Were you specifically trained in the field of plastic surgery?
3. How many years did you practice in the field of facelift surgery?
4. Do you have hospital privileges to do cosmetic operation? And if so, which hospital is it?
5. Is the clinic or hospital are you in is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified? Are the facilities accredited by nationally recognized accrediting agency?
6. As a patient, am I a good candidate for this procedure?
7. How can I get the best results?
8. When and how will you perform the surgery?
9. What kind of surgical technique can you recommend to me?
10. How long will my recovery period?
11. What kind of help do I need during the recovery?
12. What are the risks and complications in line with my facelift procedure?
13. How can I handle the complications?
14. How can I expect my face to look?
15. What are my options when I don’t like the output of my facelift procedure?
16. What are the reasonable results for me? Can you give samples on before and after photos?
There are actually two kind of facelift, it is the non-surgical and the surgical facelift. They are both design to remove wrinkles and decreases any signs of aging. Facelift is a serious medical procedure and is not made for everyone.
There is this kind of non-surgical facelift named ultherapy. Ultherapy is a non-surgical ultrasound technology that enables practitioners to direct sound waves into the skin underneath. These heats the tissues to lift and tighten lose skin without any incisions made on the skin. Beside the visible effects brought by ultherapy there is also invisible result and that is the creation of new collagen which helps the skin maintain its youthfulness. The ultimate lifting will take effect over 2-3 months. This makes no-surgical facelift the best option. There is also another non-surgical facelift named SkinTyte and the new SopranoNIR. They are great options when it comes to skin tightening. They use infrared technology to tighten the skin and build long lasting collagen.
Ultherapy, SkinTyte and or MAXtight is a great replacement for a facelift and neck lift but plastic surgery is not a forever solution and not for everyone. A Non-surgical cosmetic procedure like Ultherapy offer great results with minimal downtime.